Jailbreak iOS 7.1 - 7.1.2
NOTE: Jailbreaking is not supported by Apple and it could lead to the loss of the phone’s warranty, also it could make your device unstable. Choosing to jailbreak your device is done at your own risk.
The current method using Pangu software is available for Windows or Mac operating systems.
#2. The battery level should be at more than 70% of its charge
Notes: As a best practice, before proceeding to Jailbreak the device, please consider the following actions:
- Disable the Anti-virus/firewall protection – this will prevent the process from being blocked or interrupted.
- Create a back-up of your data – you can achieve this by using the iCloud or iTunes applications. By doing this, you will be able to restore all your personal information if something goes wrong.
From the phone’s menu go to Settings > Passcode
2. Disable Find my iPhone
Return to the main Settings screen, select iCloud > Find my iPhone
NOTE: You will need to Log in to your iCloud account > Disable “Find my iPhone” and then Log out from your iCloud account to complete the process.
3. Put the phone into Airplane mode
You must turn on the Airplane mode otherwise you might not be able to successfully Jailbreak the device.
4. Download the latest version of Pangu software
You can download it from HERE.
5. Connect the device to computer
Connect your iDevice to the PC using the conventional USB cable
6. Launch the Pangu software
Right click on the Pangu.exe file and Run as administrator (only for Windows users)
7. Wait for Pangu software to detect the device
Once the Pangu software has detected your device, click on the “Jailbreak” button.
8. Change the Date and time
At this point, you will need to change the Date and time on your mobile device. You will need to go to Settings > General > Date and time and perform the following settings:
- Disable the 24-Hour Time format
- Disable the ”Set Automatically” feature
- Set the device to Mon June 2 – 8 – 30 PM 2014
9. Wait until the Pangu software will detect the new Date and time
Please wait until the Pangu software will detect the new Date and time and inject the bundles.
10. Open the Pangu app from the device
At this stage, you should be able find the Pangu app on your device. You just need to open it and then the Jailbreak process will begin automatically. Before the process will be completed, the device will reboot several times. You should now see a new app called Cydia on your Home screen.
11. Open the Cydia app
From the phone's menu select the Cydia app and wait until the prerequisites files will be installed.