Jailbreak iOS 8.0 - 8.1
Please make sure that your device runs one of these versions. To perform this check go from the phone’s Menu to Settings > General > About > Version.
Jailbreaking is not supported by Apple and it could lead to the loss of the phone’s warranty, also it could make your device unstable. Choosing to jailbreak your device is done at your own risk.
2. Battery level at more than 70%
As a best practice, before proceeding to Jailbreak the device, please consider the following actions:
- Disable the Anti-virus/firewall protection to prevent the process from being blocked or interrupted.
- Create a back-up of your data using iCloud or iTunes in order to be able to restore all your personal information if something goes wrong.
From the phone’s menu go to Settings > Passcode
2. Disable Find my iPhone
Return to the main Settings screen, select iCloud > Find my iPhone
NOTE: You will need to Log in to your iCloud account > Disable “Find my iPhone” and then Log out from your iCloud account to complete the process.
3. Put the phone into Airplane mode
You must turn on the Airplane mode, otherwise you might not be able to successfully Jailbreak the device.
4. Download the latest version of Pangu software
You can download it from HERE.
5. Connect the device to computer
Connect the iDevice to a PC, using an USB cable.
6. Launch the Pangu software
Right click on the Pangu.exe file and Run as administrator (only for Windows users)
7. Let Pangu software detect the device
Once the Pangu software has detected your device, click on the “Jailbreak” button.
8. Select the “Already did” button
Read the Pangu notice and press on the “Already did” button to start the jailbreaking process. Your device will reboot after this step and you should find the Cydia icon on your Home screen.
9. Open the Cydia app
From the phone's menu select the Cydia app and wait until the prerequisites files will be installed.